Friday, July 8, 2011

Flashback Friday

Hello Readers! I am happy to be jumping back into my weekly post - Flashback Friday! Hopefully I shall be more consistent this time around! ;)

Today I bring to you two very recommendable books that I've read recently.

Waterfall: A Novel (River of Time Series)Historical Aspects:
Easily making it onto my top 10 all-time favorite books is an excellent story that will transport you back to Tuscany, Italy, and not only teaches a lot about Italy in the medival ages, but also allowed the reader to easily compare their customs to those of today! I absolutely loved this novel and soaked up every moment of it. I really enjoyed taking a dive into medieval Italy in this amazing book by Lisa Tawn Bergren. Keep an eye out for this one!






Sir Quinlan and the Swords of Valor (The Knights of Arrethtrae)Christian Aspects:
This week I had a lot to choose from, but ended up deciciding to go with one of my new favorite books - Sir Quinlan. I absolutely loved the story and the lessons within were amazing -- teaching that self-doubt must be put aside when we are called to fulfill what God has instructed. Another thing I liked was how he added in a twist at the end and incorporated a parable Christ told - but I don't want to give too much away! These and many other exceptional lessons are what made me choose Sir Quinlan as this week's Christian Aspect book! Definitely one I highly recommend!

0 comments:

read the printed word!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More