Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Update

Hey readers! It's been a while! We still are lacking internetz in our new house, but will be getting some next month so I will be posting much more frequently once that happens. But here's a catch-up post! :)

First off -- WOW! I can't believe it's nearly 2012 already! It's truly amazing how fast time flies. Christmas flew by in a flurry of family, friends, and fun. I had a wonderful Christmas this year and hope y'all did, too!

Secondly, I didn't get to read much in the last few months. We had friends visiting twice in November and have been somewhat busy this past month and a half. But! I must mention a few books I have read.



One of them was the lonnnng awaited Inheritance, the 4th book in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance saga. This book was a fair enough ending to my favorite fantasy series. I wasn't completely happy with the ending, but I did find the story to have enough action and excitement in it to keep my interest, as opposed to Brisngr which I found less than engaging.






I recently read The Hunger Games series. These books were exceptional, though I was slightly disappointed with the ending. But all around, I recommend these books because they are awesome!  I am dying to see the movie and plan to go see it in theaters when it releases in March.




Another few books that I read were the first books in the Lorien Legacy series -- I Am Number Four and The Power of Six. I Am Number Four is actually a movie now and released earlier this year. While I enjoyed I Am Number Four, I much preferred it's sequel, The Power of Six. The romance was much less intense, which is one of the main reasons I think I liked it more. Plus, I'd already seen the movie so I already knew everything that happened. And, for the most part, the movie was pretty accurate to the book. I do recommend these books to teenagers and adults who like sci-fi, teen fiction.




I recently bought I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris, a fairly popular book that I've read bits and pieces of but never simply got to sit down and go through from cover to cover before now. I love this book. While I was never one for dating, this book made some points that really opened my eyes. I plan to always keep this book in my house, for me until marriage and my kids after. I highly recommend it to all singles out there!




And last but far from least is a book I finished just today -- Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25. WOW. I cannot believe how much I absolutely LOVED this book! It was amazing! Unique, thrilling, interesting, and captivating, this book will keep you on your toes and leave you amazed at the sheer brilliance of it all. Complex enough to keep an adult's mind whirling, yet simple enough for a pre-teen to understand -- I don't know how the author did it. I cannot recommend this book enough -- it was just awesome!





That's not all of the books I've read, but those are the few I won't be reviewing and wanted to showcase. I will be reviewing two books in the next few days, and also have a character interview and giveaway planned so stay tuned as we enter the New Year! :)

0 comments:

read the printed word!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More