Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tantalizing Title Tuesday

Hello readers! It's time to start another weekly post -- Tantalizing Title Tuesday!


tan·ta·liz·ing

–adjectiveHaving or exhibiting something that provokes or arouses expectation, interest, or desire


ti·tle


–nounThe distinguishing name of a book, poem, picture, piece of music, or the like


Tues·day

–noun
The third day of the week


Let's get started!

This week's Tantalizing Title is...


I Have Seen Him In The Watchfires
by Cathy Gohlke




The bonds linking family and the lines separating enemies have become very blurry for 17-year-old Robert. With his father away fighting for the Union, Robert must decide to act alone in order to help his ailing mother, extricate his injured Confederate Uncle, and bring relief to his cousin, Emily.

When he unwittingly gets entangled in a Confederate escape plot, Robert must forge his anger and shame into a new determination to save his family. And, perhaps, he must also realize that the saving might not be entirely up to him. Honor and duty to God and country aren't as clear-cut as he hoped them to be.







What I Have To Say:

What a great name!!! I know this hymn by heart, and I know it continues "I have seen him in the watchfires of a hundred circling camps, they have builded him an alter in the evening dews and damps. I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps. His day is marching on." so immediately I knew this was a book that took place around a war and had a Christian theme. The cover answers all questions -- it's a Civil War book. I absolutely LOVE learning about the Civil War, so this would definitely be a book I'd pick up if I caught site of it at the library -- the title capturing my attention and the cover grabbing me, hook and sinker.

What unique and drawing titles have you seen recently?

0 comments:

read the printed word!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More