Friday, February 4, 2011

Flashback Friday

This week, I am eager to showcase two very enjoyable books that I found to hold great lessons. 




Historical Aspects:
The Centurion's Wife (Acts of Faith, Book 1)I read The Centurion's Wife a while back and was amazed at the thought that Janette Oke and Davis Bunn put into this book. Taking place right after the death of Christ, the history in this book is astounding and interesting.  I loved learning about the culture in the early roman empire and was happy to find this book informative and at the same time a sweet story. 
Purchase this book HERE.




Christian Aspects:

A Time to Embrace (Timeless Love Series)A Time To Embrace was a great book that I finished last week. Karen Kingsbury really did a great job on this one!The message of forgiveness and faith in God was very strong in this story. I was crying through many parts of the book and was touched by the simple message of moving on, forgiving without a thought, and trusting the LORD with all one's heart. I highly recommend this book. Purchased it HERE.





2 comments:

Charity U said...

Mmm, Davis Bunn and Janette Oke are great authors. I've never read anything by Karen Kingsbury. I'll have to check into that!

Katie Marie said...

Two great books! :-)


~ Katy

read the printed word!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More